Sunday, October 2, 2011

Correlation Between Dairy And Acne? Milk and Acne? Cheese and Acne?



I posted this video to experiment' and test out any correlation with ance, you're free to do it with me!!

I got a comment and a message from "beautysbiggestfan" on youtube, and thought I would share! She sent it to me from Dr. Jessica Wu's Book and I found it very interesting! I hope it helps and interests you too!:

From Beautysbiggestfan:
"he link between food and acne by Dermatologist Jessica Wu
Hi Cassandra! I am currently reading a book called read your face written by dermatologist Jessica Wu and i copied down this section from her book about the relationship between acne and milk and i thought you would find it intresting. Hope you enjoy!
Milk is full of cow hormones. Cows milk (even organic) contains its own hormones (including androgens) and growth factors (including bovine IGF-1), both of which survive pasteurization and homogenization. That means everytime you drink a glass of milk or eat dairy products, the cows hormones are absorbed by your body and remain active in the bloodstream so they can affect ur skin (and acne) in much the same way as human hormones.
Milk can affect human hormone production. Even though milk is low on the glycemic index dairy products have been shown to elevate insulin to the relationship between the glycemic index and insulin productions. In a study done by a group of Swedish researchers, people who drank a glass of milk (7 ounces) had an associated insulin response that was three times higher than normal (spikes in insulin levels has been known to cause acne). Milk also triggers your body to produce IGF-1 just like high glycemic foods (high glycemic foods have been also known to cause an increase acne).

The author also went into how whey protein causes an increase in acne (whey protein comes from the whey of cows milk). Whey protein is found in things like milk, cereal, protein shakes and bars, etc. I personally found that whey protein caused an increase in my acne because once i stopped drinking protein shakes, my acne got a lot better.

I'm pretty sure you covered most of this in your video about it but there are some things you didnt mention that i thought you would find helpful!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Ping in TotalPing.com
free manual traffic exchange